Yesterday, at the RIMS 2013 Annual Conference & Exhibition, the Spencer Educational Foundation announced it hit $5 million in donations since the organization’s inception in 1979. The latest round of funding secured $282,500 worth of scholarships to 50 risk management and insurance students from 19 universities.
“This allows us to touch the lives of students who will eventually be the leaders of risk management,” said John Phelps, RIMS President.
Peggy Accordino, Spencer chairwoman, announced that the organization will use the $300,000 donated by RIMS to promote the establishment of risk management and insurance courses at schools around the country. “We would like to have RMI courses be as commonplace as accounting, statistics, marketing — all those subjects that are needed for business,” she said.
Additionally, Temple University was awarded a $50,000 loss prevention education grant funded by FM Global.
- Spencer Educational Foundation Raises Money for Risk Management Scholarships
- Spencer Educational Foundation Gala Raises Record $870,000
- The Spencer Eductional Foundation Turns 30
- Spencer Gala Raises $1.14 Million for Risk Management Education
- Grant to Fund Risk Management Course Development