Heading into the fourth quarter, private companies reported higher profitability, greater risk appetite, and notable plans for growth in 2015, according to a survey from PwC. The Q3 “Trendsetter Barometer” reports that more companies are seeing profitability increases, and optimism about the U.S. economy rose to 63%—the highest level since early 2011.
The study’s most notable findings include:
About 80% of companies expect revenue growth in 2015, with almost a third projecting double-digit change. When planning for that success, the biggest anticipated challenges reported will include direct hits to the supply chain and the workforce:
- RMORSA Part 3: Risk Appetite and Tolerance Statement
- Reputational Risk Draws Increased Board Awareness, But Not Action
- New Climate Change Report Highlights Risk Management Strategies
- Two-Thirds of Latin American Companies Have a Risk Management Policy
- All Stores Want For Christmas is to Manage Retail Risk