Some days there are a plethora of risk management topics in the news, other days, not so much. Today we are in luck as I’ve come across quite a few risk management-related news stories that I hope you find interesting.
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology has made two significant announcements relating to risk management. The first is Special Publication 800-39, which relates to managing information security risk. The second is a major revision to Special Publication 800-53, which analyzes recommended security controls for federal information systems and organizations.
- aiCIO published an article this morning announcing findings from the Credit Suisse Annual Hedge Fund Survey, which found investment risk to be the biggest worry amongst hedge fund investors. The Credit Suisse study supports earlier evidence from Preqin’s study of 60 hedge fund managers from Asia, the U.S., Europe and other parts of the world.
- The Evolution of Risk: What it Takes to Be a Risk Manager Today was published today by GovInfoSecurity.com, a source of government industry information and security related news and articles.
- Hank Prybylski, global financial services risk management leader at Ernst & Young, discusses how firms can manage regulatory and operational risk within their overall business strategies (see link to the video).
- NanoTechWire.com has published an article entitled, “The Risky Business of Innovation: A New Framework for Risk Management.” The piece focuses on how traditional risk management techniques are unable to keep up with technological advances.
As risk management continues to evolve, we will continue to see compelling news articles focusing the various ideologies encompassing the discipline. More discourse regarding risk management means more thought about the topic and, hopefully, more real-world implementation.
- RIMS Inducts Two Industry Leaders Into Risk Management Hall of Fame
- Executives Explore Strategic Risk
- Strength in Numbers: Internet Risk Detection and Brand Protection
- Grant to Fund Risk Management Course Development
- 6 Key Areas of RM for the Banking Industry