Superstorm Sandy wreaked havoc not only on the people of the tri-state area, but also on insurance companies. In a recent edition of Credit Matters, a talk show produced by Standard & Poor’s, Taoufik Gharib, director of S&P’s insurance sector, discusses the insurance lines most affected by Superstorm Sandy, the uncertainty that remains in industry loss estimates and the potential for ratings action that may still result.
- Justice Department Investigation of S&P
- A Perfect Storm of Insurance Coverage Problems
- Hurricane Sandy Six Months Later—By the Numbers
- Hurricane Sandy Revives Debate Over NFIP
- Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Task Force Releases Recommendations