Welcome to the Cavalcade of Risk blog carnival, an aggregation of some of the best risk management and insurance-related blog posts out there. Before I get to the rundown of posts, thanks go out to David E. Williams at Health Business Blog for his insightful hosting of Cavalcade of Risk #130.
- Let us begin with Dave Ingram‘s post regarding risk management entertainment systems (RMES), where he states, “The Risk Management Entertainment Systems create a very strong impression that ERM is a talking and paper shuffling activity. A waste of scarce corporate time, resources and dollars. ERM needs to be about action. If in the end, ERM does not result in any changes to a firm’s treatment of risks or selection of risks, then there was no real business reason for ERM.”
- Henry Stern presents (Really) Stupid Client Tricks (P&C Edition) at InsureBlog, where he tells the story of how one really stupid client is actually increasing its own risk of exposure, and that of its insurer.
- Claire Wilkinson writes about protecting your personal information on Terms + Conditions, the Insurance Information Institute’s blog regarding all things risk and insurance. She states, “the average organizational cost of a data breach increased to $7.2 million in 2010 and cost companies an average of $214 per compromised record up from $204 in 2009.”
- Russell Hutchinson touches on the grim side of business partnerships with his post regarding statistics on the death of business partners on his Chatswood Consulting blog, where he states, “Any adviser serious about the business insurance market should have these numbers learned by heart.”
- Rebecca Shafer writes about the eight keys to winning workers comp claims in litigation at the Workers Comp Roundup, where she lists ways to speed up the workers comp claim process and get cases settled and off a company’s loss run report.
And a few more from around the blogoshpere:
- Insurance Industry Gets Social Media on Reinsurance Girls’ Blog
- Illinois Comp: The Nuclear Option? on Worker’s Comp Insider
- Business Resilience: Supply Chain Risk to National Security on Operational Risk Management Blog
The next host is Russell Hutchinson at Chatswood Consulting — he’ll host the 5th anniversary edition of Cavalcade of Risk on June 1st. Don’t miss it!
- Cavalcade of Risk #152
- Cavalcade of Risk #139
- Cavalcade of Risk #164
- Cavalcade of Risk #171
- Cavalcade of Risk #165